Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cheers to my Friends, Family, Colleagues!

Hi All,
I had my scan yesterday. Other than a prolonged wait due to emergency cases ahead of me - nothing eventful. I had them copy it to disc and will give it to Juravinski next week - no report attached and since I do not dare to try and interpret the results on the disc - I'll find out next week about the disease progression/baseline.

Yesterday the 23rd, was my last day @ work for some time. I am taking next week as vacation time to get some much needed rest and sort of 'decompress' in between appointments. It looks like since I had my scan yesterday I'll probably start treatments at the beginning of February so my medical leave starts Feb 2nd.

I really want to call out the great team I am a part of at work. They are small but mighty. I am speaking specifically of the trio in my department and their kindness and support - thanks for the great 'see you soon' breakfast and sweets-inspired 'afternoon tea'. You three (and 'our leaders') touched me.

As for the rest of my workplace - your thoughtful words and support are much appreciated.

My dear family and close friends - I am so appreciative of the normalcy of our relationships. I am still giggling with the girls, hanging with our circle of friends, or chatting about relatives, politics, whatever with 'the fam' and all the while wrapped in so much warmth and support. thank you all. You are each a gift to me.

With love - take care out there.