Thursday, April 9, 2009

All my bags are packed...

(Sung to the tune 'Leavin on a Jet Plane' known to some by John Denver others by Peter, Paul and Mary and still others by Chantal Kreviazuk)

All my bags are packed
-for week-long chemo!
I'm standin here and I'm ready to go
I have to finish up so to cancer I can say good-bye!

This is the last stretch;
Its almost done
The nurses are waitin
I'll so be reborn!
Already I'm so excited I could fly!

So wish for me and pray for me
Think kindly each day for me
Hold happy thoughts as through treatment I do go!

Cause I've hitched my wagon to the chemo train
Back to real life I will soon be again
Oh friends I'm ready to go!
Cause the 16th will be my re-birthday
and oh! what a happy day-
I've beat this thing and I will tell it sooo!
Ohhh-
I've beat this thing and I will tell it so!

(My apologies to John Denver et al)


Here I go; 10 days in hospital - I will have no access to a computer and may be in for up to 3 weeks...thanks to everyone for all your support. Here I go for the long haul but I have so many people raising me up I am forever grateful...

Take care everyone...

Carey