Friday, October 23, 2009

October Update

Hello Everyone,
It has been quite a month, appropriately one with many things to be thankful for.
I had my doctors appointment at Thanksgiving and my blood tests all came back normal and the external check of my nodes showed no abnormalities. I am still in remission and ready to move back into the real world.
Co-ordinating with my doctor and insurance company we have come up with a back to work plan that looks like my employers approve of. I will be returning to work the week of November 16th. It seems so long in the making but now with a set date...oh my gosh! The time will fly by now I know...only a few more weeks and I have to remember things like computer passwords, how to wear high heels, what a forecast looks like and why I care about the price of oil! A tad nerve racking but also much anticipated! Also, my doctor has already booked me for blood tests and the all important CT scan in January so I am confident that he shares my vision of diligent follow-ups.
Thanksgiving always means something to me. I am hokey that way. I really look around and count my blessings -this year even more than most. I was able to share the turkey day with wonderful family feeling so grateful to them and so many for their kindness and support these last nine months and look forward to what I really think will be a bright and happy future. I hope you all had a similar experience over that week-end.
Take care everyone!
Carey