Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Round Two...Check!

Hello everyone!
I'm going to cut to the chase on this one - I had round two yesterday and can now check my 1st cycle off (round 1+2 = 1 cycle)!
My Sunday and Monday were pretty low. When I went in to the hospital for my blood counts on Monday I was quite dehydrated, shaky, faint and nauseous - which was all my own fault for not keeping up on my fluid intake. No excuses, it was just hard to drink when I was feeling bad so I didn't. Anyone reading this who will soon be on this journey - drink your fluids!!!
My Dr. ordered an extra IV bag (of fluids) for me for Tuesday after the chemo and I forced drank and drank until then despite myself and by after my chemo was feeling much better. I still have to go for another fluid infusion on Friday but have been ordered to drink-drink-drink or else they will make me get home-care to come in daily to IV fluids - and I don't want that.
Well, this is the day after the Cisplatin (The "P") and I got up and had some toast but now am feeling a little shaky so am going to sign off after this next paragraph and rest (Almost all I do now).
I just wanted to add a blog mention to my Mom Pat and mother in law Claudia. They have been cooking for Pete and I now since the 1st chemo and have taken care of our every need. Even more than our culinary needs - Hayden is so wrapped in their love, he is doing just great. Thank you.
Keep well everyone, take care,
Carey