Sunday, February 6, 2011

If you need a reason...

Hello Everyone!
Actually, is anyone out there?  It has been so long since I last posted I am doubtful that anyone still checks in...
But in case there is someone still taking a peak...first, I am fine, more than fine and will update more on that in the very near future because I am full of news and views...
However, on a more serious note - I ask that anyone out there reading this today, please light a candle to send hope and light to a fellow warrior in this cancer battle.  Kirsten --> here is her blog --> http://www.cancersmancer.blogspot.com/  <-- Kirsten is an amazing woman who has been fighting Hodgkin's lymphoma with all her strength for many years now.  She and I are about the same age and she is also a fellow Canadian.  She is someone whose attitude and personality I would aspire to - aspirational and inspirational in her battles against the beast.  She has hit a very large rock in her path through this all and her family has asked, via her blog, that we light a candle to send her some comfort.
I am rocked by this turn in her life and will get on top of my pseudo-pedestal once again to say Lymphoma is a beast and if you have the opportunity to read Kirsten's blog I hope she will inspire you to lend your support in some way to kill the beast because if you ever need a reason, she and her story would be one...- give blood, sign-up for the stem cell registry, light the night, walk for a week-end, or..light a candle and send some love to those who continue to fight.
Thank you everyone.
Carey
Update (Feb 8,11):  Yesterday, on Monday February 7th 2011, the world lost a fighter - Kirsten passed away.  Bless her and her family.